If you are using your new Educators credit card for consolidation purposes, we will need the following:
Information required if paying off a credit card:
Your most recent statement with the following information:
- Creditor name
- Account number
- Balance/payoff amount
- Address of where to mail the payoff check
To verify your income, please provide us with one month worth of your most recent pay stubs from your current employer. This can be:
- Two pay stubs if you are paid bi-weekly.
- Four official pay stubs if you are paid weekly.
- One pay stub if you are paid monthly.
If you are self-employed, please provide us with your two most recent annual tax documents.
If you have rental income, please provide us with your two most recent annual tax documents.
Additional documents may be required.
To open your new account, please visit any Educators Credit Union branch with the following materials:
- Your Social Security Number (SSN) or Individual Tax Identification Number (ITIN)
- A current U.S. government-issued photo ID (e.g., driver’s license, U.S. passport, state or military ID) with current address
- Valid proof of address if it is different than your ID (e.g., statement from another financial, utility bill, etc.)
- A $5 minimum deposit that represents your ownership share of the credit union (Prime Share Savings)
- If you are under the age of 18, you will need a State-issued ID, passport or a current school ID with address verification from a parent or guardian
You can also open an account online.
If you are not an Educators member or if the primary member cannot sign on a loan, you may be required to establish a new account. Educators Credit Union membership is open to anyone who works or lives in our 11-county service area.