Having access to your accounts from your computer or mobile device is very convenient, but you may be at risk for online attackers. All online activity, including email, shopping, social media can leave you at risk.
Revealing your identity online through a personal computer or mobile device can leave you at risk for hackers, scammers and other online predators. Educators will never reveal your personal information or Online Banking credentials to anyone.
Take measures to keep your account secure
- Update firewalls and anti-virus software on your computer.
- Keep your mobile apps and operating systems on your mobile device up-to date
- Clear your cache on mobile devices and computers to clear personal information, payment history and details.
- Delete text messages that contain potentially sensitive information.
- Avoid revealing personal information when using public Wi-Fi or computers, use trusted devices with secure connections.
- Lock your mobile device with a password or PIN.
- Don’t use hotspots or public Wi-Fi to do shopping or banking on your mobile device.
- Create your passwords with a mixture of characters and cases, numbers and symbols and make them unique for each account.
- When paying bills and adding login information for shopping or using Online Banking, be sure the
- URL displays https:// as a secure browser.
- Avoid having any of your personal information go through the mail — pay bills online with
- Educators Bill Pay and sign up for electronic statements, both can be done through Educators
secure Online Banking.
- Log out of Online or Mobile Banking to verify your session is closed.
What to do if you suspect your personal accounts have been accessed
- Monitor your accounts often through Educators Online or Mobile Banking.
- Change your password from a different computer.
- Create your new password with a mixture of characters and cases, numbers and symbols and make them unique for each account.
- Contact us if you notice any activity to your accounts that weren’t initiated by you.
What we do to keep you and your accounts safe
- Secure hosting — Online Banking and our mobile apps are hosted on secure servers.
- Automatic sign-out — We have automatic sign-out of
- Educators Online or Mobile Banking after 10 minutes of
inactivity on the site.
- Security in layers — There are multiple levels of security to protect your account including security questions that prompt you when you are logging in on an unfamiliar computer or device.