Credit and debit card fraud is always evolving and is on the rise throughout the financial industries. We are committed to keeping your credit and debit card accounts safe and sound by using the latest technology available.
Fraudulent activity on your credit or debit card can happen in an instant. Scammers are always trying to access accounts through a variety of channels. We are concerned about your account security as well as our own, we continually monitor for possible scams and fraudulent activity.
- Take measures to keep your accounts secure:
It is important that we have your most up-to-date contact information on file in case we need to notify you about your account — please let us know if your address, phone number or email address has changed recently.
- Sign your credit or debit card as soon as you receive it.
- Check your accounts often through Educators Online or Mobile Banking.
- Sign up for electronic statements for both Educators credit card and personal accounts with us.
- Place a travel notification on your account if you are going to travel.
- Do not share your account number with anyone that is not reputable (Educators will never request sensitive account information from you).
- Keep your PIN (Personal Identification Number) secure.
- Shred your personal information.
What to do in case of fraud:
- Contact Educators Credit Union right away if you suspect fraud on your Educators credit or debit card.
- Block your card and reissue a new one through your credit card carrier. If it is an Educators credit or debit card, contact us right away.
What we do to keep your accounts secure
- Online and Mobile access — We give you easy access to your accounts with Online and Mobile Banking so you can monitor your accounts at any time.
- Provide credit card control — Educators Ctrl app is available so you can have full control of your Educators debit and credit cards.
- Mobile wallet — We offer Apple Pay, Samsung Pay and Android Pay for Educators debit and credit cards.
- EMV chip cards — The latest EMV chip technology is an extra layer of security on all of your Educators debit and credit cards