Celebrating the 75th anniversary of International Credit Union Day!
This October 19, Educators Credit Union will join more than 87,000 credit unions from 118 countries to celebrate International Credit Union Day!
Why do millions of people worldwide choose credit unions?
Because credit unions have a “people-first” philosophy that guides us to constantly improve our communities and the lives of our members. This local service contributes to a worldwide network that reaches more than 393 million members across the globe. As a financial cooperative, each credit union’s success depends on the success of their members and their community. Your best interest is our best interest.
What else makes credit unions unique?
- Equal Ownership: Credit unions are member-owned and member-operated. Each member has equal ownership and one vote regardless of how much money he or she has in savings.
- Not-for-Profit: Credit unions are not-for-profit financial cooperatives that provide a safe, convenient place for members to save money, and access loans and other financial services at reasonable rates.
- People Helping People: Credit unions exist to serve their members, not to make a profit. Every member counts. This “people-first” philosophy drives credit unions and their employees to get involved in their community and support meaningful causes.
- Volunteer Leadership: Each credit union is governed by a volunteer board of directors elected by and from the credit union’s membership.
- Financial Education for Members: Credit unions have a deep commitment to providing financial education to members and the public at no cost.
- Trust: Credit unions are known for being trustworthy and resilient institutions. Credit union members worldwide can be proud of these accomplishments and rest assured that their money is safe at the credit union.
Thank YOU for choosing Educators Credit Union to be your credit union!