May is Mental Health Awareness Month. If you are facing a mental health condition, remember, you are not alone. One in five Americans live with a mental health condition.*
In honor of this month, here are some tips to boost your mental health and well-being.
- Take a walk in nature. You could stroll through the park, walk around your neighborhood or even take a hike in the woods.
- Sometimes smiling may not be easy, but it can help calm you down and lower your heart rate.
- Taking a few minutes to breathe deeply and slowly throughout the day can make a difference.
- Spend some time with a pet. If you don’t have a pet, you can visit a friend or family member who has one or volunteer at an animal shelter.
- Get some exercise. You can dance, jog, swim, or whatever makes you the most comfortable.
- Pull out a coloring book. Coloring can help clear your mind. If you don’t have a coloring book, there are tons of free printable coloring pages online and apps you can download.
- Seek help when you need it. Treatment is an effective way to lead a full and rewarding life.