Two-Factor Authentication Upgrade
Educators Credit Union is upgrading the login process for Online and Mobile Banking. Members will not need to do anything when we make the switch. When members access Online and Mobile Banking on a new device, when members log in on an unfamiliar network, and for transfers that require an extra layer of security, security questions will no longer be available when two-factor authentication is required. Members can now authorize their accounts by receiving a text message or phone call with a one-time log in code.
Set a preferred two-factor authentication method by following the steps below.
- Log in to Online Banking.
- Near the top of the page, click “Settings” from the drop-down menu located next to your name.
- Click the “Security” tab.
- Under the “Two-Factor Authentication” section, you can choose to receive a one-time code to be sent as a text message or a phone call by clicking the pencil icon. After you provide the phone number, toggle the switch to “ON.”
- Once this is complete, you will see a green enabled icon.
For added security, members can require two-factor authentication for each log in. Next to the “Two-Factor Authentication” section, move the toggle button to “ON.” Please note, this change must be set up using the full Online Banking website.