Happy International Credit Union Day, everyone! This year is the 70th anniversary of International Credit Union Day, or the platinum anniversary.
Today is a day to celebrate credit unions and their members. We cannot put into words how much we truly value our member-owners. Every day is a day to celebrate your investment in Educators Credit Union and what it means to us and the community.
How does your membership help us? It means we can offer competitive rates, little to no fees, and directly support our community. This year, Educators Credit Union:
- Is giving back $3.1 million for Loyalty Pay Back in December.
- Taught nearly 35,000 local students financial literacy initiatives like EverFi, Banzai, Reality Check Day, our high school branches, co-ops and in-class presentations.
- Donated more than $400,000 to nearly 100 local charitable organizations.
- Staff volunteered more than 1,000 hours at local organizations.
- Supplied more than 100 different volunteers at Junior Achievement of Wisconsin’s BizTown and Finance Park programs.
- Helped more than 700 MPS students on the path to getting their driver’s license.
- Saved more than 1,400 members money on buying or leasing a new vehicle.
- Sponsored or supported 288 community events.
- Saved members more than $13 million in interest by refinancing their non-Educators loans at lower rates.
- And so much more!
We cannot accomplish anything on this list without our member-owners. Thank you for supporting Educators Credit Union!
Let us know in the comments why you decided to become an Educators Credit Union member-owner!