80 for 80 Years: Part One (Items 1-5)
We’ve had a busy 2017! In celebration of our 80th anniversary, we’ve decided to put together a blog series highlighting eighty different products, services, events, giveaways and sponsorships that took place in 2017.
1) 88Nine Block Party – Educators presented the 88Nine Block Party in honor of their 10th anniversary on June 24. The lineup for the show included Noname, Strand of Oaks, Field Report, Reyna, D’Amato, Abby Jeane and a surprise performance by Juiceboxxx. The Block Party was a free, all-ages event.
2) Ronald McDonald House Tabs – Every year Educators collects tabs for the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Eastern Wisconsin. Every May, our local Ronald McDonald House has a tab toss where donated tabs are recycled at United Milwaukee Scrap. This year’s Tab Toss brought in over six-thousand pounds of tabs and raised over $30,000 for the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Eastern Wisconsin.
3) What’s Your Score?® – Stop by at any Educators location and ask for What’s Your Score?®, and we’ll introduce you to your credit report and help you determine how you can protect your credit for the long-run. Unlike some other places, this service is completely free and is not a hard hit on your credit score.
4) Merge with Hanna Employee Credit Union – On April 1, Educators Credit Union officially merged with Hanna Employee Credit Union in Pleasant Prairie. The merger allowed Hannah Employee Credit Union members access to more services to meet their needs.
5) Lighthouse Run – Twelve Educators’ volunteers worked the Interactive Trailer at the Racine Lighthouse Run in 2017 assisting over 1,200 people. Our interactive trailer included information about the credit union movement, the history of Educators Credit Union and also had a fun cash cube at the end of the experience.
We’ll be back next week with our next installment of 80 for 80 Years!
Read the second installment here.